100 DeKruif Place Apt. 9D
Bronx, NY 10475-2440
Home: (718) 671-5771
Cell: (347) 922-1015
Senior analyst and GUI developer with many years of experience in the financial
Strong background in graphical, data base, and communications software. Proven ability to
solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Java, C, C++, Perl, Visual Basic .net, COBOL, FORTRAN.
* UNIX (Solaris), Swing, Motif,
TIBCO, VOS (Stratus), Oracle and MS SQL.
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows 7, 10, Vista and XP,
WORD, and EXCEL
* Six Sigma Green Belt
* Notary Public.
Mobility, Paramus, NJ 2008-2017
Industrial Internet of Things,
Advanced Solution Care, AT&T Technology and Network Operations
Troubleshoot data transmission issues of large companies and government
agencies and process reports of service outages.
National Business Ordering - order equipment and service and handle transfer of ownership
and other business details.American Home Mortgage, Melville, NY 2007* Loansoft Support Technician * Work in an IT call center
helping loan officers and processors with software issues.Argent Mortgage Corporation, White Plains,
NY 2003-2007* Mortgage Underwriter and Senior Funder* Analyze
income, credit, title, appraisals, and other factors in making lending decisions. Certify papers after mortgage closings.
Insure settlement is in balance and conforms to all regulations. Wire fundsBridgett McMillan,
Esq., New York, NY 2002 - 2003* Mortgage Processor and Traveling Notary (Contract)* Guide mortgage borrowers through closing process.Merrill Lynch, Jersey City, NJ 1994
to 2002Herzog, Heine, Geduld (acquired by Merrill) AVP / Merrill
Lynch Global Markets and Investment Banking Technology (2002)Lead X Windows GUI developer for NASD
* Coordinated with traders on needs for new applications and enhancements.
applications, written in C, C++/Motif, and Java/Swing for Sun workstations,
using TIBCO/Rendezvous for communications
and Oracle SQL for data base access,
enabled traders to increase profits by managing heavy activity at market open
and at IPO introductions.
* Redesigned and implemented changes to trading systems for decimalization.
completed on time to 100% satisfaction.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (1994 to 2002)
Herzog, Heine, Geduld
software developer for NASD trading systems.
* Created and implemented a dozen graphical applications for Sun workstations
C, C++, and Java) that greatly enhanced productivity for NASD traders
in a growing market:
* POSMON – software for traders to display lists of stock symbols and their net
positions, along with many other variables, in a colorful display. Written in C,
using Rendezvous (TIBCO)
communications software and the Motif tool kit.
* ooLookUp – arranged orders by price levels in a multi-tabbed GUI, allowing traders
to search, sort, and execute their orders. Used linked lists to dynamically
coordinate changes to orders from
both broadcast data and user actions.
Written in C, using Oracle OCI, and Rendezvous communications.
* TICKER – C/Motif software - customizable moving ticker on workstation showing
changes to stocks of interest.
* PENDING – multitabbed application showing exposure status of new orders and
disposition of completed sales. Using Tibco and Oracle, initially written in
C/Motif, rewritten in Java/Swing.
* ALERTMON – Places all incoming “pop up” warnings under user control.
* Successfully enhanced all graphical applications for evening trading.
* Successfully insured Y2K compliance with all graphical applications.
* Wrote new documentation on various applications and a new manual on development
* After several years on trading systems using Stratus mini computers, worked to
replace the COBOL Stratus software with colorful, straightforward,
and quick applications in C and Java for Sun
Telekurs, North America, New York, NY 1981 to 1994
Standard and Poors Trading Systems
(acquired by Telekurs)
Monchik-Weber Corporation (acquired by Standard and Poors)
Senior Systems Analyst (1984 to 1994)
test, audit, and document a number of systems related to transmitting,
logging, and calculating data from the world's
stock and commodity exchanges.
* Developed system to calculate commodity indices as a second source for Goldman Sachs.
Work was on Data General MV minicomputer systems with code in C, FORTRAN77,
* Lead team of five on project to develop new, higher speed ticker, combining data
from many stock, option, and commodity exchanges in one feed.
Systems Analyst (1981 to 1984)
* Coded, tested, and debugged
stock ticker systems.
* Working in assembler, wrote new program to decode various stock tickers
text for troubleshooting and reports.
* B.S., Mathematics, New York University, Polytechnic Institute
* Honors graduate, Bronx High School of Science